A new project on CodePlex have just been launch. Silverlight Reporting is an new project created by 2 guys from Microsoft (Pete Brown and David Poll) decided to create a framework that will simplify the reporting with Silverlight 4. As you may know, Silverlight 4 already support printing and pagination but every time you want to generate a report you need to handle many thing manually. This framework which is at is initial release will simplify the process of generating simple report.
Here is a list of the feature included in the initial release:
- automatic pagination
- support for line items of varying height
- total page count
- page headers and footers
- event to allow hooking into printing at various stages
You can download this framework on CodePlex: http://silverlightreporting.codeplex.com/
(Report generated using the sample and printed using the XPS Printer Driver)
I’ve looked at the sample and it’s very easy to use. I’ll looking forward to use it in some of my projects.
Microsoft just launch the latest version of Expression Studio (Blend, Web, Desing, Encoder). If you have an MSDN Subscription, you can now download the latest release.
|Important Note |
If you are developing with Windows Phone, Tim Heuer indicate that we must still use Expression Blend 4 Beta until they finalize the development tools for Windows Phone.
Expression Blend 4 New Features include:
- VS2010 compatibility
- Windows Phone support
- Deeper Adobe Photoshop import (layer effects)
- New behaviors & conditional behaviors
- Enhanced sample data support
- Listbox path layout for designing with data
- Pixel Shader effects (including animations)
- Easier styling and customization
- Model View View-Model support
- Mockup controls for SketchFlow
Expression Web 4 New Features include
- SEO Reporting from inside of the application
- New extensibility model enables creating add-ins with HTML, JS, and CSS
- New SuperPreview online service beta for browser compatibility testing now supports Macintosh Safari
Expression Encoder 4 Pro New features include
- Live Smooth Streaming (VC-1 & H.264)
- New H.264 encoder from MainConcept
- Enhanced Screen Capture
- DRM (PlayReady) for Live Content
For further, information read the blog post of Tim Heuer or go on the Expression Website:
Finally, Microsoft will release the latest version of Expression Studio 4 tomorrow June 7th. Bill Buxton will speak for the event.
Stay tune for more information tomorrow!